CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Vacation Plans...Where to go....???

We are trying to decide where to go and it is mostly up to me. Talk about pressure!
My instinct tells me to go see family, although many have told me that's not a real vacation. ANYTHING (pretty much) that takes me away from my messy house and chores is a vacation. But that's just me, right now. I am a big believer in seeing family before everyone changes too much.
In Idaho are my sisters. We're not super close, but we have fun and I love to see the cousins interact and get to know each other. My older sisters kids are older. 16, 14 1/2 and 10. The older two will probably move out in a couple years and then it just isn't the same.

My Mom is in Spokane and we've never seen her new house. I haven't been there since Daisy was 9 months. My Mom was here last when Joshua turned 4.

The idea is to see my Mom and sisters in the same trip. Fly to Spokane, go to Cour d' Alane Resort for a few days, then go to Boise to see my sisters. It would be nice for them all to see Lila now and see Savannah!

Kevin loved our Tahoe trip last August and wants something similar this year.
We said Hawaii was too long a plane ride...I want something fun AND relaxing at the same time. No long car trips. Has anyone been to Lake Hume?

My Mom can't come down here all that much because of health and money...my sister and her husband have a very limited budget and there is 5 of them.

ANY ideas???? We need to plan something soon! We are trying to plan for the 2nd week of August.
Thanks for suggestions!!!

4 comments:

Deanne said...

Have you considered a cruise? The ships are docked a short drive away AND most things are included in the price (most things).

How about Catalina Island? That's not too far away either.

Santa Barbara

That's all I've got for now. :)

Thany said...

Lake Hume? Did you mean Hume Lake? If so, it is simply BEAUTIFUL up there. I used to go to youth group camp there (I was a counselor too) and now we hope to vacation there once in awhile.

The cruise idea might be the way to pack a lot in for a decent price. The rooms are small but there is so much to do on a ship and I think you may even get a moment alone with the hubby if the ship has a kids program of some kind.

If I were in charge of you, I'd lean you toward seeing Mom. David's Mom has only met Nathan, none of the others and we keep trying to get to Virgina to visit but the cost and hassle is so great. We are hoping she can come out this summer.

I have gone on too long...no matter what you pick don't let yourself be distracted with the idea that you chose wrong. A vacation is what you make of it. I grew up in a family that had very little money but regardless of where we were, my memories are wonderful ones. Keep it simple and not only will the kids have fun but you and Kevin will be more relaxed. And isn't that the point of a vacation?

Denise said...

well, great comments already! We went on a cruise with the kids in November. It was a fun trip and I can tell you more about it later. But one thing I can say is that the lila is probalby too small (not potty trained) for much of the kid stuff. I'd also lean towards seeing family however you can squeeze it in. My best friend moved to Spokane so I'd love to go there too, :) if only I fit in your suitcase! When we were young we went to UTAH to see my grandparents and do the family reunion thing most summers. I thought it was great and now I treasure the relationships that I have with my grandmas. There is nothing like family.

Dana said...

Hi Lolly, my first comment here! I'd suggest Big Bear. It's less than 3 hours drive, and there is so much to do there for families. It's beautiful, and we go every summer and just LOVE it!

Kevin & Lolly

Kevin & Lolly

Good music


About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA
A Mom of 4 beautiful rugrats & wife to Kevin. Simple as that! I love photography, sterling silver and GODIVA chocolates! And, I love to bake, bake, bake! I am trying to perfect the Chocolate Chip Cookie. PS~ Check out my photography on my page...kids and animals are my favorite thing to take pics of right now.